Monday, November 26, 2007

25 weeks. And two days.

I never thought that I'd be one of those women who are hyper-concerned with their weight and appearance. I admit, I can be a bit vain and persnickety at times, but I didn't think that I'd obsess over a few pounds or a bad photo or two. Or even 30 pounds (yes, really--or just about) or 8 bad photos (which we took yesterday evening, and I refuse to post.). Well, I apparently have become one of "them." I made Rob take a few pics this morning after I was made-up, blown-dried, and dressed for work (though with jeans instead of work-appropriate bottoms). This one came out very marginally better than yesterday's:


After nearly every photo Rob's taken in the last three weeks, I ask him, "Do I really look like that?" He is simultaneously compassionate, reminding me that I'm pregnant, and callous, telling me that, yes, indeed, I do look like that. So much for blaming the beloved digital camera. But I just can't put the evil thing down...attempts last night and this morning with strategic angling to minimize facial chubbiness:






By the way, my OB told me this morning that my weight was "perfect," which made me feel better, though when I asked him if I'd gained too much weight, he was furiously scribbling on my chart and never bothered to look up. It still made me feel better, even if he likely says that to all the ladies who've gained anywhere from twelve to ninety-seven pounds at this point in pregnancy. And it took the sting out of the joke from a (male, of course) coworker who said I could stand in for Santa Claus soon. Nothing but coal for you, my dear!

Must be heading off to bed. I couldn't fall asleep last night for ages, and then I woke up at 3:14 a.m. and couldn't fall asleep again for what seemed like a few hours; I was so tired that I was having very weird hallucinatory worries that I wouldn't fall asleep again before the 8 a.m. alarm, among other strange thoughts, but not tired enough to drop off to sleep again quickly. Gah--pregnancy and its assorted sleep-depriving ills. Off to bed, to avoid the dreaded haggard look that I model so well in this morning's pics...just as soon as I finish my fistful of chocolate cookies...

No comments: