Friday, June 5, 2009

Drawing a blank.

I really, truly do believe that having a baby really, truly rots one's brain, just a little bit. I can think of nothing witty to say (well, I've never exactly been Oscar Wilde), yet I feel compelled to type. Perhaps it's best that I'm doing so on my very own blog, which no one ever reads, rather than on Facebook, or in an e-mail, or in a chatroom. Do chatrooms still exist? Haven't seen or been in one since circa 1998, at Chris's old apartment. (On AOL. Does AOL still exist? Does dial-up AOL still exist?) Mostly, I just logged in to politically conservative rooms and tried to rile people up with liberal comments and arguments. Yeah, that's me: the troublemaker, the rabble-rouser, the rebel. Ah, memories...

And as for the word "e-mail": are we skipping the hyphen these days? Has it come to that, finally? At one point it was "electronic mail," and then "E-mail," and then "e-mail." Or is everyone else texting or twittering or whatever, and e-mail's just totally passe? I, for one, am sticking with "e-mail" and e-mail.

I think this is why I never took up journaling after 6th grade-ish. I think I need to get to bed...

No comments: