Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Literati

Here are the many and varied books on birth and pregnancy that I currently own or have checked out from my local library (the bottom one is a PostSecret compilation that I need to return, so that doesn't count):

Sometimes, it feels a bit like an obsession...I've checked out loads of books; some I've read every word, but most I've only skimmed, if that. Some are fascinating and/or informative; some apparently are written for dodos. And Rob has put a moratorium on any other preg/baby books entering the abode until I've cleaned out the site of the future nursery, in hopes that I'll finish it up, as all of his other threatening and cajoling have failed.

In other news, Panzie continues her noble and exhaustive efforts to assist in cleaning. Alas, she too easily becomes distracted by the old magazines and newspapers that her mother has unearthed, hitherto saved for some obscure, forgotten reason, and now bound for the recycling bin.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I couldn't read all of the titles in your stack, but I highly recommend "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears, the "No-Cry" series by Elizabeth Pantley, and "Easy Labor" by William Camann and Kathryn Alexander.

Jamie said...

Thanks so much--I'll look for those titles today. I haven't seen any of those, actually, and it's so wonderful to get recommendations from those who've experienced the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing!